To manage all artist engagements and program production for the festival, we are looking for Oranjewoud Festival 2024 for a:
Head of Program Production
approximately 2 days per week, increasing toward the festival.
We are looking for someone who can join our current program producer for at least one day during the upcoming festival and start on our team by January 1, 2024.
Who are we looking for?
Oranjewoud Festival is looking for an inspired professional to be responsible for the production side of the festival program. Consider the following responsibilities:
- Assist the artistic director in liaising with the artists, specifically collecting technical lists, stage setups and other needs in a timely manner, making arrangements for travel and accommodation, collecting marketing materials and sending contracts digitally.
- Ensure execution of technical lists and stage setups, and coordinate requirements with suppliers and production staff involved.
- Manage stage managers and other production staff involved during the festival, including:
- Appoint stage managers for the various stages and production manager for Family Zone (in consultation with the Head of General Production) and manage during the festival.
- Directing prior to and during the festival the hospitality employee and transportation coordinator in terms of reception, accommodation, supervision and local transportation of the artists and their instruments.
- Taking care of catering for the artists (in consultation with the coordinator of backstage catering).
Our new colleague has college or university level thinking and a hands-on mentality, is meticulous and enthusiastic. We are looking for a strong team player, who is stress resistant, can operate independently and is flexible in dealing with changing circumstances. Experience in the cultural sector as well as knowledge of and affinity for artist supervision and production are a must. Affinity with classical music is a plus.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic and inspiring position in an organization that operates at the intersection of classical music and performing arts festivals. Both fields are very much in flux and have a lively and varied nature.
- A close-knit team that operates on an equal basis, where members inspire each other where they can and support each other where they need to.
- A position on a zzp basis taking approximately 16 hours per week with a market-based fee.
The commitment will be less at the start in January and more leading up to the festival. In the preparatory phase you will work with a festival team, during the festival also with additional hired forces. We assume a temporary contract from January 1 to July 1, 2024 with the intention of a multi-year cooperation.
Do you feel inspired
Are you interested? Then we would like to receive your motivation and CV by May 1, 2023 at the latest via firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to business director Dorien van Londen with reference 'Application Head Program Production Oranjewoud Festival'. Until this date you can email our current Head of Program Production Margreet van Litsenburg for any additional questions via email@example.com. Interviews will take place on May 10, 2023 in the morning in Heerenveen.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.